Monday 9 August 2010

Good Result

Today I went to see my oncologist,Proffessor Wagstaff.(Love that name !! Hello,I,m Proffessor Wagstaff sounds so much better that Bert Jones )for the results of my last scan,which I already knew as the nurse rang me the minute they came in,and he was delighted that the tumours had shrunk.The largest,which is in my neck is now 4 times what it should be not 5 times.He has decided to keep me on the lower dose for next 3 weeks .The dilemma is if I stay on the lower dose the tumours are contained and stay the same size but if I have the higher dose the tumours will shrink (hopefully )but I will be totally wiped out. We shall see what happens.When I told him I had taken Penicillin as they must be told everything for the trial,for an infection in my new root filling he told me "you shouldnt have root fillings on Sunitinib".It reacts with the gums and can produce a germ that eats into the bone.I told him it is too late now so fingers crossed nothing happens.
Still waiting for our grandaughter,now 8 days overdue.Hope she will be this laid back when she is born.Her dad was a lovely baby so hopefully she will follow him.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Rose

    I used to go to school with someone whose surname was Wagstaff - it is a cool name. Must've come from someone who liked waving a stick about I guess?!
    So glad the results were so positive. Sounds like you're in good hands with Prof Wag.
    Meanwhile, come on baby girl, we're all waiting!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grand-kids are amazing, we have our 8 year old Jasmine to stay...Fran has been away for a couple of days so I have her all to my self...to hear her say (with hands on her hips) graaaannndaaad when I tease her is priceless...reading the cat in the hat last night...priceless x

    ReplyDelete