Thursday 23 December 2010

Christmas past

Carole.s blog has reminded me of traditions that differ in each family.We were always allowed to open our Santa presents when we woke which would always include a colouring book and my favourite of all a paper doll with cut out dresses with tabs which you folded over the shoulders to create your own look !!We opened family presents after Christmas dinner but also AFTER THE DISHES WERE WASHED!!!!I hated this idea but I must admit I carried it on.You have never seen dishes washed,dried and put away so quickly and the parents dont have to argue with the children.Brilliant !
We would then have a second opening and more things to occupy us .We never had a lot but we knew that a lot of sacrifice went into our gifts
My daughter is 27 and she still has a colouring book and pencils and we sit and colour.
Once the sprouts are boiling it is all downhill from there .
Festive greetings to everyone and a breahthrough in 2011

1 comment:

  1. I'd completely forgotten about those little cardboard dolls and clothes you cut out, decorated then hooked over her shoulders...

    I love the fact that you still get your daughter colouring books. I still buy James a board game every year, always have - it's a tradition (for both the boys)

    Enjoy the Christmas weekend Rose, and don't be tempted to overdo things...sit back and relax a bit eh xxxx

    ReplyDelete