Sunday 9 January 2011

New Year improvement

Well I drove for the first time in 3 months.Visit to the dentist who is on the upstairs floor so I started climbing the stairs wearing a long skirt which as I am 1 1/2 stone lighter was quite loose,trod on the hem and it slipped down over my bum !!Good job I had a coat on !So I had to hold onto the skirt while gatherring the bottom up and laughing which started me coughing !!Landed in the thankfully empty waiting room like a sack of spuds.Went to buy some new trousers that afternoon before Im arrested for flashing.Definitely getting energy back slowly.Can now bath dress and dry my hair without collapsing in a heap but still very weak and despite eating lots weight is still stable.57 years of dieting and Sods Law now I cant put weight on!!New chemo is not too bad so I hope the scan at the end of the month shows that it is doing some good.Still problems breathing and cough is annoying but cocodamol is a brilliant cough suppressant and at least I am breathing!!!!
All in all doing OK compared to a month ago.

4 comments:

  1. Rose,
    I know I shouldn't be laughing at the picture of you on the stairs at the dentist...but I am :-))

    Glad to hear you are slowly getting back some energy - just still take it slowly.

    Keeping everything crossed for EXCELLENT scan results at the end of the month.

    Meantime, rest - shift that cough and let the lovely Ricky take good care of you.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story, Rose! But I think only one new pair of trousers to replace the flashing skirt is not enough! Now that you have a tad more energy, I think you would benefit from a good bit of retail therapy! Get out shopping, girl!
    I too have my fingers crossed for your scan.
    Much love

    Shents x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha Rose you little beauty...brought a smile to my face. Glad you are getting there and fingers crossed for the scan.

    T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully I get to comment this time!!

    Rose I have followed your blog since it first began but was never able to comment, hopefully I can now

    Dot (flower)lol

    ReplyDelete