Friday 3 September 2010

Beautiful day

Started the day with a dental appt and then a visit to the school that i used to work in.No way can anyone stay down when they see the children that i used to work with,autistic,some in wheelchairs and not able to express themselves without help but able to understand that they will never be like the mainstream children.A whole lifetime not a few years of discomfort .That gave me the kick up the backside that i needed so went home and did some gardening and we went to pick blackberries,very good crop which are now cleaned and frozen for future tarts and crumbles.
My grandson started nursery today so his parents could stay as well.Thankfully he loved it and has a smashing teacher.She asked him if he has a best friend and he said yes ,my gran.Aaaaw.And he said "my sister,shes a bit of a lump to carry though ".Another milestone reached and I was here to know about it.
Really lovely sunny day,ironically the children are back in school and the sun comes out  !!
Actually bought a Christmas present today.Thats the start of it.!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rose
    You're right - we've had beautiful warm sunny days here in Northumberland too - gives the tomatoes in the greenhouse a chance to ripen!
    I like the sound of what's going to happen to all those blackberries! You just can't beat blackberry and apple crumble with lashings of cream!
    My kids don't go back to school til Tuesday, so they're enjoying the last few days of summer sunshine. Glad your 'best friend' enjoyed his first day at nursery!
    Hope the new arrival is still behaving well - I bet your first Christmas present was for her!
    Much love
    Shents x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, he's such a sweetie Rose.
    I think it's so lovely that he calls you his best friend...bless him xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose

    Just thought I'd say that you inspired me to go out and pick some blackberries with the kids yesterday. We made 5 pots of beautiful bramble jam. LUSH!

    ReplyDelete