Tuesday 28 September 2010

I remember a funny story

Thank you all for your good wishes.Shents,you reminded me of a story about my aunt and uncle.They went to Greece a few years ago and decided to hire pushbikes and go exploring.As it was absolutely baking hot my aunt felt faint and sat down to cool off and to help her do this my uncle poured his bottle of orange pop over her head.!!From nowhere came a swarm of midgies who homed in on ths sugary pop and bit the daylights out of her.A passer by stopped his truck and gave them and their bikes a ride to the doctors where she was pronounced fit but badly bitten from head to toe !!!!
It took a lot of grovelling before she spoke to my uncle again
The way to hell is paved with good intentions !!!

3 comments:

  1. Great story, Rose! Really made me chuckle. Its bad enough having orange pop poured over you - but then to be bitten to hell by midgies too! No wonder your uncle had to grovel!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I've sent that one to my sister who lives in Greece - she'll love it :-)

    I'm still laughing because I can see that he really did mean well, but......:-))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose,
    Have a lovely break in Stratford upon Avon...

    Maybe post some pics onto your blog when you get back?
    Lotsaluv xxxxx

    ReplyDelete