Monday 23 August 2010

Next step

Had a lovely weekend.Our son D in law and new baby came to sunday lunch and i made a lamb dinner followed by jam sponge and custard (all with sweetners as hubby is diabetic) and a bottle of fake champers to celebrate our first visit by our grandaughter.Lovely full tums and lots of baby cuddling,my idea of heaven.
Then went to hubbys cousin for a gathering of the clans.Their daughter had a firm to trace their family tree and gave it to her parents for their anniversary so all the cousins were gathered for a buffet and old time stories and photos.Really interesting and a smashing unusual prezzie.Went to bed really tired and slept for the usual 3 hours ,then awake.I have a cold and am on antibiotics for chest infection.Have had more antibiotics in the last 3 months than in the last 20 years.Because my treatment is constant my immune system is constantly being compromised.Most treatments have a week or two break to build up but not this trial.i dread to thing what state I would be in if i was not taking the Astragalus a nd cats claw.I now take vit d3 as this is reportedly good for fighting the rogue cells and 3 times a day 2 spoons cottage cheese with 1 spoon flax oil.One can but try.
Went to the hospital today as they are monitoring me weekly after my breathless episode.Prof is on hols so saw Dr Maldi,his 2nd in command.Physical exam OK and bloods back up just above borderline so carry on treatment and he asked if this was OK.i told him how I would prefer to be on the higher dose as the tumours shrank then but i was so grotty the dose had to be lowered so he said ".I would suggest you stay on the reduced dose for now but will be guided by you as it is your body and your life.You tell me what you want to do" so I opted to stay on the reduced and see what the scan shows in 2 weeks time,but it is nice to know my thoughts are considered and I am not just a trial patient.
I really must stay home more and not carry on as if there is nothing wrong with me,no wonder i catch so many bugs lately......Perhaps next week.
Time to do some cleaning.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really lovely weekend Rose especially the jam sponge & custard bit, yummy :-)

    Picked up on what you said about taking plenty of antibiotics in recent times Rose, have you looked into taking a daily probiotic capsule? Antibiotics are great at destroying ALL bacteria but we need the good bacteria and probiotics will replace that for you.
    Might be worth thinking about a daily supplement along with the D3 and other bits that you take.

    Also think it's great the way your team are listening to YOU - makes so much difference to how we feel about things when we're listened to.
    Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose
    I'm with Carole on the jam sponge and custard. Delish!!!

    I think its excellent that you are carrying on life as normal - its good for you - just try dodging the germs and the lurgies a bit better!

    Glad you're getting plenty hugs and cuddles with that beautiful new baby granddaughter of yours - that definitely sounds like the best medicine of all!

    Much love xxxx

    ReplyDelete