Monday 27 September 2010

Itch,Itch Itch

On Saturday I wore a poloneck top as it was cooler.after gardening i changed as it was warm and my neck felt uncomfortable.By the evening a few red spots had developed on my neck which itched like crazy.I took an antihystamine and spent a wakeful night.In the morning I looke in the mirror and could not belive it !!!My neck and face were covered in red itchy spots and we were due to go to our daughter,s for their Anniversary.We cancelled that and rang the cancer ward and were told to come down in case it was a reaction to my tablets.3 hours later after many tests we left with tablets and cream.An allergic reaction to the woolen poloneck !!!Still driving me crazy but going slowly.
Went to my usual appt with the Prof,bit worried as CT scan results had not come back by Friday.He was quite taken aback by my spotty face but assured me it was not the tablets.The CT scan stated that "tumour has grown" which he was not very pleased with (nor me) as they are supposed to state the measurements of each tumour so he is going to meet with radiologist to get a more detailed result so its carry on until we meet probably next week.Hope to go back on the higher dose as the tumours shrank then but unfortunately wiped me out.No gain without pain !!!!
Had a visit from our daughter and grandchildren so cheered up lots,just have to when they are here !!!So fingers crossed again.
Have to go and wash my face in iced water to cool the itching !!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Rose - that's a blow about the tumour. I hope your lovely prof can get things sorted out for you with the least amount of discomfort.
    Re the itching - since a kid, I have always hated wearing polo necks because of the itchiness! I hope your spots clear up soon!
    I once wore my wig to my son's footy match, and about 4 million midgies decided to nest in there for the evening. When I took my wig off at home, my baldy head was COVERED in angry red itchy bites! My dear husband called me Rashid! (Rash-heed)
    Keep us posted.
    I'm thinking of you, dear friend
    Shents xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Rose, choices choices, fatigue or growth...looks like you're going to have to be a bit more zonked out than you'd like to get things back under control again :-(

    If the rash doesn't go shortly ask your team if you can use a cream called Allergenics Intensive Care cream.
    It's made of natural stuff like Shea butter, Aloe Vera, Vit E - nothing nasty included.
    Dj uses this for his eczema and it's the only thing that stops the annoying itch within minutes and then breaks the cycle of itch/scratch.
    But you'd have to check they're happy for you to use it. Available from Health food shops for about £5.

    Sending you HUGE hugs my special lady xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. More woes for you dear Rose; I feel for you in your trials, and your tribulations and it's so good to be able to grin and bear it on those special occasions with the family - well done.

    love and hugs

    David [X]

    ReplyDelete