Monday 1 November 2010

Not the best of days

Went to see my oncologist today for the results of my last CT scan and echo test.My nurse rang me last week to tell me i had fluid around my lung and asked if I wanted it drained ,which I declined,and told me the scan showed concerns so was ready for some bad news.The heart echo shows the re is a reduction in the pumping due to the Sutent and there are spots in my lung and "something" on either my ovary or a lymph gland.So it is goodbye to Sutent and the trial ,thank you for the last 8 months.Have 2 weeks off (hooray)which will hopefully allow my bloods to build up and this infernal cough may go and then on to Vinorelbine,tablets again thankfully.
So on to the next stage of this lovely journey.
Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Rose.....hugs....

    I can't think of anything to say right now, apart from we're here with you, all the way
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose,

    Things may be working in your favour darling...next chapter

    Much Love

    T xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rose

    Just as Carole says - we'll be with you whatever happens next in your journey. I already knew something about your heart by the way - It is made of gold.
    You rest up over the next couple of weeks, try and get rid of the bloody cough then onto the next step.
    Much love
    Shents xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You 3 never fail me!!Love you lots.
    Rose xxx

    ReplyDelete