Monday 11 October 2010

Coughed enough !

After weeks of coughing now and then which has built up gradually to almost constant coughing unless i lay on my tum or sit leaning forward,I rang my trial nurse.She had a chat with doctor and asked me to come to hospital for x-ray and to see doc at 3 oclock.Prof was not in today,so arrived at x-ray at 1.30,went in at 1.40 and went to see Dr. Maldi.He decided that the cause is the tumours in my chest which have increased in size and are pressing on my bronchial tubes so gave me cough suppressant medicine which i took at 4pm and i have only had 1 coughing fit since !!I have to ring Friday to let them know how i am.i really cant fault the care that i have had all through the 3 1/2 years,nothing is too much bother and I am never rushed even though the clinics are always full.I wish everyone had this level of care,I hate hearing stories where people have to put up with uncaring staff,not what you need at this point in our lives !Si gleton Hospital cancer care is definitely in the top 10.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rose,
    I am so pleased that they look after you well. It's no more than you deserve because you are one of the kindest most caring people I've ever had the good fortune to call 'my friend' :-)

    I hope so much that the cough medicine continues to work well and that you can report back to them on Friday that you've improved.
    Keep warm and keep well special lady xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rose,

    Ditto to what Carole says...

    We need you to keep well special lady.

    Much Love

    T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And ditto ditto ditto to the above from me.
    Don't forget to keep us posted, Rose.
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose,
    Did you ring them on Friday and were you able to report that you're feeling a little better now?

    Let us know when you can - because you're so busy looking after other people that sometimes you maybe forget to let us know that YOU are having a tough time too.
    Big hugs, Carole xxxx

    ReplyDelete